Cottage Range ← Back to Kit Home Designs
The original and still very popular ‘Cottage Range’ was primarily developed for the self-build market and exclusively features single storey homes to ensure minimum impact on the countryside.
The enduring design features of the ‘Cottage Range’ are:
- Single storey, to provide a safe and convenient living environment.
- Traditional proportions and detailing, to satisfy planning requirements.
- Quality uPVC windows, doors and roofline trims, for minimal maintenance.
- No load-bearing internal walls, to maximise flexibility of layout.
- Fitted wardrobes in most bedrooms, to maximise space.
- Generous roof storage with access hatch and telescopic ladder.
Throughout the ‘Cottage Range’ there are recurrent design features which allow us to take part of one cottage and combine it with part of another, so as to produce a totally different design.
Furthermore, all cottage designs can be extended in length to provide more space in any room, a utility or en-suite shower (where the design does not already offer such accommodation) or maybe additional storage space.
Features such as an open fire / chimney or stove / flue and an integral garage can be incorporated into any design. Also, all cottages can be flipped or mirrored to provide the correct orientation.
Many hundreds of these homes have been built throughout the Highlands of Scotland, in other parts of the UK, France and Spain.
Build Cost Calculator
Get the approximate cost of building your home:
See what Job Opportunities are available with us.
If you require any assistance you can contact us directly by filling in a simple form:
- Norscots headquarters based in the village of B...
- Our sister company Cottage Kit Homes has just r...
- Norscot are looking to recruit an Architectural...
- Norscot’s sister company COTTAGE KIT HOME...
- Norscot are currently recruiting for a number o...