Component list, working drawings and erection instructions supplied on delivery.
NB All structural timbers are stress graded whitewood and pressure treated with preservative to protect against rot and fungal attack.
Concrete floor construction by others.
- 45 x 145 mm Wall plates and M8 x 100 mm anchor fixings.
- 45 x 220 mm First floor joists and perimeter beams, cut to length (two storey designs).
- 22 x 145 mm Perimeter plates (two storey designs).
- Prefabricated external wall panels comprising 45 x 145 mm framing at 600 mm centres, clad externally with 9 mm OSB sheathing and low-emissivity insulating breather membrane.
- Prefabricated gable spandrel panels comprising 45 x 95 mm framing at 600 mm centres, clad externally with 9 mm OSB sheathing and low-emissivity insulating breather membrane (single and two storey designs).
- 38 x 50 mm Fire stops.
- Stainless steel holding down straps and wall ties.
- 45 x 145 mm Head binders.
- Prefabricated load-bearing / racking partitions comprising 45 x 95 / 145 mm framing at 600 mm centres. Racking partitions clad one side with 9 mm OSB in addition (subject to structural requirements of individual kits).
- Prefabricated roof trusses and fixing clips and all necessary loose support beams / posts / rafters / in-fill timbers, connectors and hangers. NB The Kit Erector may need to connect or cut the roof trusses and in-fill timbers on site to suit the roof construction details.
- Dormer(s) consisting of prefabricated front wall panel with gable peak and 2 no. triangular side panels all comprising 45 x 145 mm framing (finished as for main external wall panels) and fink roof trusses / valley set to match main roof (where applicable). NB No allowance made for external cladding to dormers – recommend slate grey ‘Marley- Eternit-Cedral’ or similar fibre cement boarding, to minimise maintenance.
- 25 x 100 mm Longitudinal and diagonal wind bracing.
- Loose timbers and platform to form cold water storage tank stand.
- Prefabricated gable ladders comprising 45 x 95 mm framing (where applicable).
- 20 x 150 mm White PVC bargeboards to gables (where applicable).
- 20 x 150 mm White PVC fascia boards to eaves.
- 10 mm White PVC soffit board to eaves and gables (where applicable).
- PVC continuous over fascia and cross-flow roof ventilation units.
- 9 mm OSB roof boarding and 22kg reinforced roofing felt (for concrete tile roofing).
- 12 x 38 mm Roof tile counter battens.
- 25 x 50 mm Roof tile fixing battens.
- ‘Velux’ GGL 3050 pine, centre pivot roof window(s) and flashing set(s) (where applicable).
- White uPVC high performance double glazed (Low-E glass and Argon gas filled with toughened safety glass if within 800mm of floor) windows with locking handles and trickle vents.
- White uPVC entrance door sets comprising ‘Loch’ range ‘Tay with double moulded bottom panel’ (front) and ‘Shin with vertical lined bottom panel’ (back) double glazed (toughened Low-E safety glass and Argon gas filled) door, hung in fully weather-stripped frame with multi-point locking system. Front door to have letter box fitted in addition.
- White uPVC French door set(s) comprising ‘Loch’ range ‘Watten’ double glazed (toughened Low-E safety glass and Argon gas filled) doors hung in fully weather-stripped frame with multi-point locking system (where applicable). NB Rebate to meeting stile formed with face fixed cover fillets inside and out and slave door fitted with face fixed flush bolts, to facilitate multi-point lock.
- White uPVC, tilt and slide, double glazed (toughened Low-E safety glass and Argon gas filled) patio door set(s) (where applicable).
- ‘Cardale – Prima – Gemini’ primed galvanised steel trackless up and over garage door (size 8ft. x 7ft) complete with redwood posts and white PVC external cover plates (where applicable).
- 45 x 45 mm Battens to form services cavity to inside of external walls, in random lengths (not Garage, if applicable).
- 38 x 50 mm Floor, wall and ceiling dwangs/noggins and framing for pipe boxes, etc., in random lengths, as required.
- 22 mm P5 Moisture resistant tongued and grooved chipboard flooring and glue (first floor only).
- Prefabricated partition panels comprising 45 x 70 mm framing at 600 mm centres.
- 140 mm Glass mineral wool insulation quilt for external walls.
- 50 mm PIR insulation board for inside of external walls.
- 100 mm Glass mineral wool insulation quilt for sound deadening to first floor void (NB Two layers over Garage, where applicable).
- 420 mm (3 x 140mm) Glass mineral wool insulation quilt for (level) roof space(s).
- 150 mm PIR insulation board for sloping ceilings / coombs and vertical walls below (between trusses / rafters, where applicable).
- 25 mm PIR insulation board for cross-lining sloping ceilings / coombs and vertical walls below (inside trusses / rafters, where applicable).
- 60 mm Glass mineral wool insulation quilt for sound deadening to all internal partitions.
- Airtight vapour control layer and joint tape for inside external walls.
- 15 mm Plain plasterboard for ceilings, external walls and partitions (two layers to ground floor (of one and a half and two storey designs) / Garage ceiling, where applicable).
- 15 mm Moisture resistant plasterboard for shower areas (where applicable).
- 12.5 mm ‘Fermacell’ fire / moisture resistant gypsum-fibreboard for Garage walls (where applicable).
- Staircase comprising flights of whitewood stringers with MDF treads and risers and redwood newel posts, handrails and balustrading, supplied loose for site assembly by others (where applicable).
- Pre-assembled roof space ceiling hatch and telescopic aluminium ladder.
- Internal door sets comprising ‘Koto’ pine coloured (pre-finished) flush door hung in redwood frame with fitted latch / lock and brass coloured ‘Victorian’ lever handles, supplied loose, generally. Door to Garage (where applicable) to be ½ hour fire-resistant and self-closing.
- Internal door sets comprising pine 15 pane single glazed (clear, plain, toughened safety glass) door(s) hung in redwood frame with fitted latch and brass coloured ‘Victorian’ lever handles, supplied loose, to Lounge and Vestibule (NB Double doors to have brass flush bolts fitted to one leaf).
- Sliding, safety backed, mirrored doors with gold coloured framing and tracking, in redwood sub-frame (supplied in kit form for site assembly, by others), together with full width shelf and hanging rail for wardrobes.
- Redwood bull-nosed projecting cill board and apron for windows. (NB Plasterboard ingoes/reveals).
- Redwood skirtings, facings and sundry fillets.
- Nails, screws and sundry fixings.
For new homes, compliance with the current building regulations is now assessed via whole-house calculations. This covers many aspects of the construction including air tightness, insulation levels, efficiency of heating systems, controls, number of glazed openings and orientation of the building. Until all of these items have been decided upon it is very difficult to give a final specification for the building.
Norscot’s standard kit specification gives very high levels of insulation and air tightness, therefore it is possible to give a basic guide to heating types. If you plan to use an Air source or Ground source heat pump for your heating and domestic hot water then most house types with Norscot’s standard specification (as above) will be sufficient to pass the current requirements. However, if you want to use Oil fired heating system then the boiler will have to be as efficient as possible and there will probably be the need for some form of renewable energy such as Solar Thermal Panels.
The house kit designs on this website and all variations of them are copyright of Norscot Joinery Limited. They may not be used or reproduced, in any form, for the benefit of any person without written consent of Norscot Joinery Limited. Any person, firm or company in breach of this copyright will be liable to a claim for damages.
This website section is for illustrative purposes only. Artist’s impressions may show features which are not part of our standard kit package but should be available, as an optional extra, from either us or your builder. Floor areas and all other sizes are stated in metres (1m2 = 10.75ft2 & 1m = 3.25ft); they are approximate and for guidance only. Room sizes exclude wardrobes.
Whilst every care has been taken during the compilation of this website, variations may occur. It neither constitutes nor forms any part of a contract. All contracts are subject to individual quotations, drawings and specifications.
We reserve the right to modify the design and/or specification of any house kit, without prior notice, in conformity with our policy of continuous updating and improvement.
Build Cost Calculator
Get the approximate cost of building your home:
See what Job Opportunities are available with us.
If you require any assistance you can contact us directly by filling in a simple form:
- Watching George Clark’s television programme Ug...
- Norscot have been named finalists for two categ...
- We will be attending the Homebuilding & Ren...
- Benefits of Timber Frame Kit Homes Timbe...
- For the past few days, some of our staff have b...